- cut a rectangular groove into
- join with a rabbet joint
- a rectangular groove made to hold two pieces together
How To Use rabbet In A Sentence
- Ted also pointed out that a plane with a rabbeted sole would not be suitable for cutting tenons for post and beam construction, as I suggested.
- The bench rabbets seen at the bottom of the photograph would not be much easier to fettle.
- I then lined the shadow box with Crescent wheat mat board before cutting two 1/4-inch plywood boards to fit into the back rabbet of the frame.
- Is a good place to start: Of course, rabbet will avoid the facts and he and other will go off on some tangential escapade. Came up empty and got dissed
- The bench planes, smoothing planes, rabbets, and plows universally resemble those shown in this illustration from the pattern book of the Castle Hill Works, Sheffield. Woodworking Tools 1600-1900
- Silly rabbet, everybody knows that it's the Realclimate Team who's politicizing the science, and besides, the deniers are simply honest broker skeptics who just want to know the truth. A Sister Soljah Moment
- If necessary, trim the edge of the rabbet with the use of a sharp wood chisel to make a well-fit joint. DIY Woodworking: How to Make Wood Joints (Part 2)
- The part of the sole in front of the rabbet mouth was neatly clad with tinplate.
- The difficult operation of sticking uniform sash bars was greatly simplified by these planes, which allowed both the sash molding and rabbet to be planed from one face.
- Take a couple of young rabbets and half roast them; when they are cold take off the skin, and cut the rabbets in small pieces, English Housewifery