[ US /ˈɑksəˌdaɪzd/ ]
combined with or having undergone a chemical reaction with oxygen
the oxidized form of iodine
How To Use oxidized In A Sentence
- Many metals are readily oxidized by oxygen in the atmosphere.
- In all experiments the algae were treated with benzoquinone, to inhibit metabolic activity in the chloroplast and to maintain an oxidized plastoquinone pool.
- These metabolites cause hemoglobin to be oxidized to methemoglobin which is unable to transport oxygen. 3 The presence of significant amounts of methemoglobin causes normal hemoglobin to hold on tighter to oxygen. Phenazopyridine
- When the cast electrodes of air-melted steel are remelted under vacuum and deoxidized with carbon, the product has significantly improved purity.
- These unsaturated hydrocarbons are readily oxidised and polymerised, which can reduce the oil's shelf life.
- They breathe compounds such as CO2, sulphate, sulphite, certain oxidised metals.
- The activity series of metals determines which half-cell oxidizes and usually the more active metal is the one oxidized during the reaction. CreationWiki - Recent changes [en]
- If you find one at this price with a decent engine, you can count on the interior looking like a dog's bed and the paint will be oxidized or flaking off in sheets.
- These nanoparticles are selectively oxidized by the hypervalent iodine species PhICl Naturejobs - All Jobs
- The researchers did not determine if the aluminum present in their samples was oxidized aluminum, or unoxidized aluminum. Was it Nanotech-Thermite or Phasers that took down the WTC?