[ UK /ˌɒksɪdaɪzˈeɪʃən/ ]
- the process of oxidizing; the addition of oxygen to a compound with a loss of electrons; always occurs accompanied by reduction
How To Use oxidisation In A Sentence
- This air leads to the oxidization of the ale and makes for a less palatable brew the next day. Long Island Beer Events
- The low - temperature sintering of UO _ 2 pellets in the partial - pressure oxidization atmosphere is studied.
- After this time the surface of the fruit will be covered in crystals of glucose and vanillin and the fruits themselves have become black from oxidization but are still flexible.
- We conducted studies on the stability of toxic ingredients from Pieris Formosa under different re- solvents, temperatures, acid and alkali intensities, lightening and oxidization.
- A coating of butter or water soluble barrier film prevents oxidisation and makes subsequent soil removal easier.
- Compact discs, coated in a reflecting metal (usually aluminium) and sealed by a protective layer to prevent oxidization, are read by a precisely focused laser.
- The latter are particularly helpful since cholesterol becomes harmful when its chemical structure is changed through oxidisation.
- If molten steel is deoxidized and refined without addition of a strong deoxidizer, in presence of acidic slag or uncovered with slag in the open air, deoxidization of the molten steel is insufficient.
- Only about 30% of the soil was of the type susceptible to laterization, and defoliation did not produce bare dirt which might increase the evaporation rate of ground water, possibly hastening the precipitation of ferrous iron and its oxidization into the insoluble ferric form. Operation Ranch Hand
- We used 3 measures to quantify plasma susceptibility to oxidization.