- tall leafy-stemmed Eurasian perennial with white flowers; widely naturalized; often placed in genus Chrysanthemum
- similar to oxeye daisy
How To Use oxeye daisy In A Sentence
- Burbank spent seventeen years hybridizing the common oxeye daisy with the English daisy, the German daisy, and the small but brilliantly white Japanese daisy. Jane S. Smith: Daisies, Weddings, and Making the Ideal Real
- Plants thriving on the meadows include oxeye daisy, yellow-rattle, meadowsweet, bird's-foot trefoil and common knapweed.
- The grassland areas are grazed by a mixture of cattle and Jacob's sheep, and are sprinkled with wild flowers including devil's-bit scabious, oxeye daisy, bird's-foot-trefoil, harebell and tormentil.
- Species to be reintroduced include the harebell (Campanula rotundifolia), oxeye daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare) and sneezewort (Achillea ptarmica). Kew unveils native flower seed bank
- On the picnic table, Angela had arranged a vase of wildflowers picked by the road, which she now identified for me: viper's bugloss, butter-and-eggs, oxeye daisy.