[ US /ˌoʊvjəˈɫeɪʃən/ ]
[ UK /ˌɒvjʊlˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ UK /ˌɒvjʊlˈeɪʃən/ ]
- the expulsion of an ovum from the ovary (usually midway in the menstrual cycle)
How To Use ovulation In A Sentence
- It may act as such, by suppressing ovulation, but it also works by making the lining of the womb hostile to the newly conceived embryo.
- Females breed when they are in estrus - a brief period of ovulation that only occurs every two years and lasts just a few days.
- Unilateral ovariectomy in rabbits doubles the ovulation rate in the remaining ovary and the adjacent uterine horn is crowded with embryos.
- Too much exercise can have a disastrous effect on fertility, because it can stop ovulation occurring. PCOS DIET BOOK: How you can use the nutritional approach to deal with polycystic ovary syndrome
- Our brain sends out chemical messages to our ovaries, which in turn produce estrogen and progesterone on a fluctuating basis—estrogen governs the first half of the cycle, and then, after an egg has ripened and pushed its way out of the ovary in the process known as ovulation, progesterone governs the second half. Healing the Female Heart
- Patients then completed the study according to protocol after six subsequent ovulations.
- Some plans cover fertility drugs to stimulate ovulation or intrauterine insemination (IUI, often called artificial insemination) but don't cover pricier assisted reproductive technology (ART) procedures, such as in vitro fertilization. Health insurance rules may decide whether infertility treatment is essential
- It provides fantastic nutrition and immunoenhancement for the child, acts as natural birth control because lactational hormones suppress ovulation, and eats up calories so quickly that a mom can either quickly lose "baby weight" or keep eating like mad. We Ain't Nothing But Mammals...
- Ovulation is successful in approximately 75 percent of women treated with clomiphene, but subsequent pregnancy rates are only 30 to 40 percent.
- During the menstrual cycle, an ovum is released from one of the ovaries (the release is called ovulation), and the uterus develops an inner lining enriched with blood to prepare it for the possible implantation of a zygote. menstrual cycle