[ US /ˈoʊvɝˌhæŋ/ ]
- projection that extends beyond or hangs over something else
be suspended over or hang over
This huge rock beetles over the edge of the town
- project over
How To Use overhang In A Sentence
- After consultation with a resident, a beech tree was successfully pruned to reduce overhang.
- Man, the surface of the skull is comparatively smooth, and the supraciliary ridges or brow prominences usually project but little — while, in the Gorilla, vast crests are developed upon the skull, and the brow ridges overhang, the cavernous orbits, like great penthouses. Essays
- Leave the excess pastry overhanging the sides. Times, Sunday Times
- Leave a decent overhang in case of shrinkage. Times, Sunday Times
- But, sooner or later the overhang of monetary liabilities would undermine confidence in the key currency.
- The white and green" the man by the overhang right there " he's gone now " lancers " those are the ones from Sturinn " they are on the south hills. The Spellsong War
- As we progressed we found ourselves climbing down steeper and higher dry waterfalls, most of which provided a fissure, a runnel, a pleat of rock or an overhanging crag that allowed a relatively easy descent. Richard Bangs: Climbing the Killer Prince -- Merapi Volcano of Java, Part 2
- Roll pastry to fit tin, with 1cm overhang. Times, Sunday Times
- There's also enough oomph in them to push the water up roof overhangs and second-story windows.
- She walked beneath the overhang, and stepped up the curb.