be central or dominant
This scene overarches the entire first act
form an arch over
Big rocks overarch the stream
How To Use overarch In A Sentence
- The overarching goal of my research program is to study and gain a better understanding of the impact of different factors on growth, population and community dynamics of agrestal, ruderal, and environmental weeds.
- Total Football was more pronounced in the days where the great Johann Cruyff was the talisman of the starting XI, but it still hangs out as an overarching tactic employed by theDutch. The Volokh Conspiracy » World Cup 2010:
- Colossal emergents with overarching crowns a hundred meters across dominated the chlorotic topog'raphy, while smaller yet still gigantic growths fought for a share of life-giving sunlight. Mid Flinx
- However, this sort of overarching perspective only has the propaedeutic function of pointing our attention in a certain direction.
- The European federalists wanted to subordinate national governments to an overarching federal authority.
- In these films, Naruse repeatedly found beautiful, economical, and multifaceted ways of exploring his favorite topic - the futility of hope (despite the admirability and beauty of the hopeful) - that forms his overarching pessimism. GreenCine Daily: Shorts, 4/4.
- Our overarching goal is to both provide a needed community service, and to raise the profile and public visibility of the Alabama State Nurses Association.
- Along the lakefront a curving sweep of barberry and daylilies terminated at gazebos overarched by old apple and willow trees.
- In these films, Naruse repeatedly found beautiful, economical, and multifaceted ways of exploring his favorite topic - the futility of hope (despite the admirability and beauty of the hopeful) - that forms his overarching pessimism. GreenCine Daily
- Democracy, so understood, arises out of mutual need, and finally points to the overarching necessity of a shared sense of democratic caritas, or charity.