[ UK /ˌɔːdʒɪˈæstɪk/ ]
used of riotously drunken merrymaking
a night of bacchanalian revelry
carousing bands of drunken soldiers
- used of frenzied sexual activity
How To Use orgiastic In A Sentence
- Precisely because of the anonymous, orgiastic, revolving-door-type sexuality so despised by homophobes and fundamentalist Christians.
- 20-25 is really the only time you'll have for Bacchanalian orgiastic sex of the highest caliber.
- Admirably, he downplays Orff the vulgarian and shapes this most popular of 20th century choral works into something more than just a series of orgiastic bangs and crashes.
- Yet when the film ramps up, with the underlying percussive score beginning to race like a thumping heartbeat, it explodes in an all-out orgiastic bloodletting intercut with a joyous dance sequence.
- The prim, obliterated, polite surface of life, and the broad, bawdy and orgiastic -- or maenadic -- foundations, form a spectacle to which no habit reconciles me. Varieties of Religious Experience, a Study in Human Nature
- Eventually the narrative reaches its climax and the tantalizing underworld of desire and fear destroys itself in an orgiastic frenzy of voyeurism, a chase with guns, violence, and an Oedipal parricide.
- This massive cut in taxes laid the foundations for the environment of social debauchery and orgiastic celebration of wealth that characterized the 1980s.
- I do not wish to drag you back to our erotic temple art - there are after all any number of perverse moneybags funding such orgiastically sacred architecture - but look closer home at the popular calendar art since the time of Raja Ravi Verma and his seductive see-through portrayals of woman's body that attained pan-Indian acceptability. Kafila
- One of the relative benefits of paganism over Christianity is that paganism usually has holidays devoted to wild orgiastic excess.
- It throws more and more below the poverty line each year, thus increasing the ranks of the feared ‘underclass’ who might well explode into orgiastic criminality and expropriation at any moment.