- the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units
How To Use one thousand In A Sentence
- Poland has ten symphony orchestras, seventeen conservatories, over one hundred music schools, and almost one thousand music centers.
- Five people died in the explosion and more than one thousand were injured. One person is still missing.
- According to the official figures, over one thousand people died during the revolution.
- A very small percentage of women will experience what is referred to as postpartum psychosis, a serious but rare illness affecting one to two of every one thousand new mothers. Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth
- _ On November [_sic_] nineteen, one thousand five hundred and ninety-one, there met and assembled before me in Manila, Esteban de Marquina, public and cabildo notary of this city, and the magistrates and regimiento of the same -- namely, Captain The Philippine Islands, 1493-1898 — Volume 08 of 55 1591-1593 Explorations by Early Navigators, Descriptions of the Islands and Their Peoples, Their History and Records of the Catholic Missions, as Related in Contemporaneous Books and Manuscripts, Showing
- Done in quintuplicate, at the city of Guadalupe Hidalgo, on the second day of February, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fortyeight. Treaty with Mexico
- Of course, we used to use the word milliard for ‘one thousand million’.
- Violation of the act was punishable by a fine of one thousand dollars or imprisonment for one year, or both.
- _Vanguard, Explorer, Discoverer; Pioneer III, _ which discovered the Van Allen layer in 1958, and _Pioneer IV, _ which went zooming past the Moon the following year and took up a solar orbit, and _Mariner II, _which got within twenty-one thousand miles of Venus in 1962, and _Ranger_ and _Surveyor_ and all the rest. Asimov's Science Fiction
- At the head of one thousand horse, the Roman general sallied from the Flaminian gate to mark the ground of an advantageous position, and to survey the camp of the Barbarians; but while he still believed them on the other side of the Tyber, he was suddenly encompassed and assaulted by their numerous squadrons. The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire