[ US /oʊˈdɛsə/ ]
- a port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea
- a city in western Texas
How To Use Odessa In A Sentence
- After eating his usual copious breakfast, he had imprudently asked the waiter for a Russian paper; and, as he read, and sipped his kummel, which he found a little insipid and almost made him regret the vodka of his native land, his eyes fell upon a letter from Odessa, in which there was a detailed description of the execution of three nihilists, two of them gentlemen. The French Immortals Series — Complete
- If you would like to gash appartments in Odessa, but your bouget is predetermined we also purpose be glad to pirate you in search. Article directories Celibataire Urbaine
- Janet, I read and greatly enjoyed Moonlight in Odessa two or three months ago and recommended it to my book club. romancier - French Word-A-Day
- Born in Luba, Volhynia, in the Ukraine, he sang in cantorial choirs in that region and then in Odessa, where he worked with many great hazzanim.
- The next morning, Elizabeth left for the market directly after breakfast as Odessa had ordered.
- Reefer container from any port in china to odessa offer the lowest price.
- Soren Alberto Gauger, now living in Krakow, Poland, writes an off-centre, twisting narrative, sparkled with elaborate prose in "The Unusual Narrative of the Odessa Conference."
- Born in the busy Russian port of Odessa on the Black Sea in 1894, Babel grew up in a shtetl, a Jewish village.
- On that note, I have to mention that I am REALLY pissed off by the graff on trees I have seen recently in my current city, Odessa, Ukraine. REVERSE GRAFFITI: Clean Green Street Art | Inhabitat
- Returning to Odessa, Mechnikov visited Vienna on the way and explained his ideas to Claus, Professor of Zoology there and it was Claus who suggested the term phagocyte for the mobile cells which act in this way. Ilya Mechnikov - Biography