[ US /əbˈteɪnəbəɫ/ ]
[ UK /ɒbtˈeɪnəbəl/ ]
[ UK /ɒbtˈeɪnəbəl/ ]
capable of being obtained
savings of up to 50 percent are obtainable
How To Use obtainable In A Sentence
- My Mom took a job as a nursing orderly in a mental hospital where sleeping pills and tranquillisers were easily obtainable.
- This can often create a lot of noise, reducing the quality of image obtainable.
- We are most anxious in Canada to secure a greater population, but a man who has once received the "dole" argues, "why should I leave England, where the 'dole' is obtainable, and migrate to Canada, where it is not to be secured? A Canadian's View of the Empire as Seen From London
- The "heavy daturine," of which only a small quantity is obtainable, is far from being a body of definite composition, that is to say, it is a mixture of atropine and hyoscyamine. Scientific American Supplement, No. 324, March 18, 1882
- The Baiga dearly loves the common country liquor made from the mahua flower, and this is consumed as largely as funds will permit of at weddings, funerals and other social gatherings, and also if obtainable at other times. The Tribes and Castes of the Central Provinces of India Volume II
- These branches will afford the unbanked population with affordable minimum bank balance accounts that currently are unobtainable from most commercial banks.
- Twentieth-century bonbons and sweets made in France include numerous regional specialities, traditional or modern, unobtainable anywhere else.
- About her hung a strong scent of Chanel No. 5. Where did she get it, wondered Stella, to whom French scent was an un- obtainable luxury. COFFIN ON THE WATER
- But such Bank loans require a government guarantee, which is not always obtainable from the government, or indeed always acceptable to the private corporation. Fifteen Years at the World Bank
- _ -- Several good and fairly cheap artificial rose oils are now obtainable, consisting chiefly of citronellol, geraniol, linalol, phenyl ethyl alcohol, and citral. The Handbook of Soap Manufacture