declared not guilty of a specific offense or crime; legally blameless
he stands acquitted on all charges
the jury found him not guilty by reason of insanity
How To Use not guilty In A Sentence
- The jury delivered a verdict of not guilty.
- He intends to plead not guilty, according to his lawyer, Plato Cacheris, who characterized his client as emotionally distraught.
- The vast majority of the defendants pleaded not guilty and were released on bail with strict conditions.
- The jury returned a verdict of guilty / not guilty.
- Clark entered a plea of not guilty.
- Her lawyer tried to plead not guilty by reason of insanity, but that was rejected.
- He was found not guilty because of holes in the prosecution case.
- Wu continues to plead not guilty to other charges of embezzlement and bribery.
- He pleaded not guilty to all the charges and attacked the constitutional legitimacy of the military regime.
- But you, my friend my *friend* are not guilty of this. Around The Corner, I Had A Friend