- a Pacific island to the north of Australia; the 2nd largest island in the world; the western part is governed by Indonesia and the eastern part is Papua New Guinea
How To Use New Guinea In A Sentence
- The principal range in German New Guinea is the Bismarck Mountains (variously estimated between 14,000 and 16,000 feet, in height). The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 10: Mass Music-Newman
- The dusky pademelon is the only macropodid (kangaroo) found in the Banda Sea islands (Kai), although it is also found in the Aru Islands and the Trans Fly of New Guinea. Banda Sea Islands moist deciduous forests
- It's rejected the Pacific Islands Forum but some of the countries its courting such as Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, even Papua New Guinea, could all bring something to the table here and I don't think we have really trialed that, Jones stated. Australia Urged to Rethink Fiji Ties
- The sparsely populated island of New Guinea, the second largest island in the world after Greenland, is divided between two countries: the independent nation of Papua New Guinea in the east, and the Indonesian Papua -- formally known as Irian Jaya -- in the west. Danna Harman: Searching for Cannibals
- Drawn primarily from the Metropolitan's collections, the exhibition features more than fifty instruments from small personal types such as panpipes and courting whistles to larger forms played at performances heard by the entire community, such as the exquisitely carved temple drums of the Austral Islands or the imposing sacred slit gongs of New Guinea. NYC.com's Exclusive New York City Event Calendar : Art
- Eight pieces from New Ireland in Papua New Guinea will be at the collection's heart. Oceanic Art's captivating collection
- Like the lost tribesmen of New Guinea, the inhabitants of Tibet were, it was here predicted, soon to enter into modernity.
- Birds of paradise (Paradisaeidae) and bowerbirds (Ptilonorhynchidae): regional levels of biodiversity and terrane tectonics in New Guinea. Archive 2006-03-01
- The little man from Papua New Guinea was the first to sense that Wakefield were beginning to tire and, according to Radlinski, he let his teammates know.
- It also has hybrids of the two, as well as the indigenous false gavial (Tomistoma schlegelii) and five exotic species: South American caiman (Caiman crocodilus), New Guinea freshwater crocodile (Crocodylus novaeguineae), Chinese alligator (Alligator sinensis), broad-spouted caiman Chapter 7