[ UK /njˌuːtɹəlaɪzˈeɪʃən/ ]
- a chemical reaction in which an acid and a base interact with the formation of a salt; with strong acids and bases the essential reaction is the combination of hydrogen ions with hydroxyl ions to form water
- action intended to nullify the effects of some previous action
- (euphemism) the removal of a threat by killing or destroying it (especially in a covert operation or military operation)
action intended to keep a country politically neutral or exclude it from a possible war
the neutralization of Belgium
How To Use neutralisation In A Sentence
- Another, more controversial form of treatment, is neutralization therapy.
- But they regarded the simple wartime orientation of the neutralisation regime as insufficient in the post-Second-World-War era.
- Lors de la neutralisation d'un dispositif électronique d'un radar de l'Otan en Grèce, un homme est tué. AvaxHome
- An industrial mixing wastewater from an economic developmental area was treated by ferrum aeration and neutralization flocculation process.
- After cooling to room temperature, sodium carbonate is added to affect neutralization and to precipitate the crude diacetylmorphine (heroin).
- In carbonate-rich soils, rapid neutralization of rainwater by carbonate minerals restricts the mobilization of aluminosilicates and oxides.
- Identification of botulinum toxin is completed using a mouse neutralization bioassay.
- The glycerin (another name of for glycerol) is removed from the system, and soap is isolated by using centrifugation and neutralization processes.
- The samples of 426 swine sera derived from 24 pig farms were detected for the neutralizing antibodies against swine pseudorabies Virus by micro neutralization test.
- Maberly and I reported results in inpatients with asthma and are doing an outpatient double blind randomised trial of neutralisation.