[ US /ˈnɪɹoʊ/ ]
- Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Roman Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68)
How To Use Nero In A Sentence
- However, we still rely entirely on the generosity of the public for funding.
- Written with charm and humour, this is a touching, absorbing oddity of a book about love, grief, avarice and generosity.
- A freeloader is a person who takes advantage of others 'generosity without giving anything in return. Reddit.com: what's new online!
- I'm sure there will be a generous amount of worthies stepping forward to parse every sentence, on the eternal quest for the definitive admission that it's over.
- Although I have finally been given a small piece of work to do (nothing crucial, generous deadline), I'm finding it hard to apply myself after such a long period of enforced inactivity.
- She was certainly generous and open to letting people use the mimeo and the space.
- What is the etiquette when the eyes in question are big, and brown, and fringed with generous dark lashes?
- La Cuisine is positioned at the upper end of the ‘middle’ market and its food is generously served and is excellent.
- Unless the context is made very clear, the reader or hearer cannot be sure whether such an expression as ‘fulsome praise’ is meant in the sense ‘generous in amount, extent’ or in the sense Perry suggests.
- He took nourishment from press conferences, where he was notably generous, but not bountiful enough to promise a match.