[ UK /nˈiːdi/ ]
[ US /ˈnidi/ ]
[ US /ˈnidi/ ]
needy people collectively
they try to help the needy
- poor enough to need help from others
- demanding or needing attention, affection, or reassurance to an excessive degree
How To Use needy In A Sentence
- It is also her misfortune to have been saddled with an unappetisingly needy role. Times, Sunday Times
- But if they are needy as a consequence of their criminal, irrational, or imprudent behavior, then it is not a fine thing.
- Along with this, the arena's main concourse is narrow and crammed with useless kiosks selling everything from caramel apples to nachos to kettle corn, making the walk to the one smoking area something of a slow death march for the nicotine needy. From the Floor: A Happy Slab of Sandwich Meat
- The Danish government gave the Association permission to purchase food from Danish sources and to import foodstuffs from neutral countries for reshipment to needy prisoners of war (this permission was highly unusual given the tight blockade that the Allies imposed on Denmark to prevent the trans-shipment of food to Germany). Pursuit of an 'Unparalleled Opportunity': The American YMCA and Prisoner of War Diplomacy among the Central Power Nations during World War I
- The welfare state was set up to provide a safety net for the poor and needy.
- People who are emotionally needy or manipulate others to get their own way by making them feeling guilty are unconscious vampires.
- Her response was immediate, she said: “I would like to train volunteer workers to go as outreach workers to help the needy - rough sleepers who are in the outlaying areas and who are too frightened to come into town to the soup kitchens for help”. Archive 2009-09-01
- So let's push for means-tested benefits, and hope that social security slowly but surely shrinks and evolves to a welfare system for the needy elderly. Forced Savings vs. Social Security, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty
- Show me a folk music audience and I'll show you the emotionally needy.
- The artisans of Nice are very lazy, very needy, very aukward, and void of all ingenuity. Travels through France and Italy