- the scientific study of plants or animals (more observational than experimental) usually published in popular magazines rather than in academic journals
How To Use natural history In A Sentence
- He has written a natural history of Scotland.
- One of his previous books on natural history, The Song of the Dodo, dealt with island biogeography and endangered species.
- One of the greatest comprehensive collections of the decorative arts, natural history, geology and technology in the United Kingdom.
- Natural History From aardwolves and bandicoots to yapoks and zorillas, Ernest P. Walker's Mammals of the World is the most comprehensive - the pre-eminent - reference work on mammals.
- Some items have survived in zoological institutes and natural history museums in Saint Petersburg, Stockholm, and Amsterdam, as well as in the British Museum in London.
- Divided into sections (the Americas, Australasia, Asia, Africa, Europe), it provides natural history images painstakingly rendered by artists over centuries, which depict new forms of flora and fauna that the European world was just discovering - from the banded krait (a snake) to the white-tailed gnu. 3 books for giving
- Wallace always felt that ‘selection’ inappropriately imported anthropomorphic notions of Nature choosing purposefully between variants into natural history.
- Once an imperial palace and presidential residence, it has gorgeous grounds and now houses the natural history museum. The Sun
- During the 17th century, Thomas Sydenham founded the discipline of nosology by insisting that diseases had their own natural history and could be described and classified on the basis of their specific characteristics.
- We've got a rock wallaby and koalas and a rosella and they are, to my mind, just about as fine as natural history art gets.