[ US /ˈmɑp/ ]
[ UK /mˈɒp/ ]
[ UK /mˈɒp/ ]
to wash or wipe with or as if with a mop
He mopped her forehead with a towel
Mop the hallway now
make a sad face and thrust out one's lower lip
mop and mow
The girl pouted
- cleaning implement consisting of absorbent material fastened to a handle; for cleaning floors
How To Use mop In A Sentence
- She denied hemoptysis, fever, trauma, or history of blood clots in her or her family.
- For centuries, scholars have squabbled over the design of the ship, which was crucial to defeating the Persians in the Battle of Salamis in 480 B.C., part of a wider war that included the fight at Thermopylae dramatized in the film "300. Epic Struggle: Fans Fight to Revive an Oar-Powered Greek Warship
- Mr. Hernandez's monochromatic costumes were 1950s-style, with the plain garb of the villagers contrasting with the cosmopolitan clothes of Neruda and his wife, Matilde, and Di Cosimo's natty, attention-getting white suit. When Postman and Poet Meet
- You merely assumed that was the homophone I meant.
- you and your fellow misogynistic homophobes masquerading as "traditionalist anglicans" have played out the string. Breakaway Fort Worth group responds to Episcopal Church lawsuit | RELIGION Blog | dallasnews.com
- We can well afford to let them stare and smile, well knowing that if a similar amount of prosperity permitted the people of other countries to travel for their pleasure in similar numbers, the result would be at the very least an equally -- shall I say undrawing-room-like contribution to cosmopolitan society? Lippincott's Magazine of Popular Literature and Science Volume 15, No. 87, March, 1875
- Another feature of interest is the rarity with which axillary prolification is found in irregular gamopetalous blooms. Vegetable Teratology An Account of the Principal Deviations from the Usual Construction of Plants
- It is easy to be a liberal cosmopolitan in Paris or New York.
- Causes of hemoptysis in children with congenital cardiopathies, whether they undergo surgery or not, are many: extracorporeal circulation, pulmonary infections, coagulopathies, vascular disorders.
- The houseboy comes to mop our kitchen floor twice a week.