- the lowest wage that an employer is allowed to pay; determined by contract or by law
How To Use minimum wage In A Sentence
- Employers and business groups contend that a higher minimum wage would saddle them with higher labor costs.
- They will block further tax cuts, except modest breaks for small businesses to ease the burden of a minimum wage increase.
- The reason that the minimum wage is problematic is that it is also self-limiting, only because companies can't pay employees less than the minimum wage, what generally gets limited is the number of jobs.
- The minimum wage is nowhere near enough. Times, Sunday Times
- Think of the good done - the minimum wages, the new deals and other sops to middle class consciences, they plead.
- As an international vulgate institution of labor and social security, minimum wage is disputed after its birth.
- All local governments should conduct a general survey of compliance with the minimum wage system and minimum wage standards for part-time workers.
- Once you were hired as a part time minimum wage earner, that is where you stayed. Power Line on the Minimum Wage
- Politically, raising the minimum wage is good for the Democrats.
- The demonstration was in opposition to government plans to levy a new tax on those employing guest workers as domestics, and to cut the minimum wages of maids.