[ US /ˈmɪnəˌmaɪz/ ]
- represent as less significant or important
make small or insignificant
Let's minimize the risk
cause to seem less serious; play down
Don't belittle his influence
How To Use minimize In A Sentence
- I mean, who doesn't want a product that is easier to use, has less locking contention, minimizes storage administration, makes access to administrative data easier, and so on?
- And try to minimize contact, she suggests. Write memos instead of dropping into his office.
- They try to minimize electronics imports from each other and are often in direct competition in export markets.
- Were they spiritualized, minimized, or did they fail to find fulfillment only because of the failure of the restoration to materialize?
- Begin the meeting on time-or if possible sightly early - this will minimize chair squirming and lessen any build up of tension. Heads up staffers, tips to avoid a Health Care "Town Hell" (Blog for Democracy)
- To minimize how this price is perceived, the self-defeating organization can avail itself of any of the techniques described here.
- Coronary flow velocity signals were sampled at a preselected fixed distance of 5.2 mm from the device tip to minimize turbulence caused by the presence of the measuring device.
- The government is involved in a damage limitation exercise to minimize the effects of the scandal.
- We minimize the use of saturated fats found in foods such as butter, ghee, suet, lard, coconut oil and dairy products.
- Under the condition of permission the idle insert, a job sequence was determined, which minimize the maximum earliness.