[ UK /dʒˈæmbɐlˌeɪɐ/ ]
- spicy Creole dish of rice and ham, sausage, chicken, or shellfish with tomatoes, peppers, onions, and celery
How To Use jambalaya In A Sentence
- To create the aura of New Orleans, from that city, Ms. O'Brien imported musicians Irvin Mayfeld and the New Orleans Jazz Playhouse Revue, burlesque dancers, trumpets that served as table centerpieces and a Louisiana catering company that cooked such delicacies as crawfish pies, mini muffalettas, deep-fried catfish, pecan parmesan crusted tilapia, chicken-and-sausage jambalaya and bread pudding with rum sauce. Big Easy in Bridgehampton
- Jambalaya is similar to paella but even more forgiving and made with long-grain rice. Times, Sunday Times
- I also made some Mexican rice, but that was just plain rice from the Zatarain's - Jambalaya brand. Enchiladas with homemade Enchilada Sauce....A favorite!
- Fried oysters and jambalaya is my Harry's standard. Great food in Queretaro
- • U.S. military purchases Gulf of Mexico seafood, boosting an industry battered by oil spill: Ten products, including fish, shrimp, oysters, crab cakes, and packaged Cajun dishes such as jambalaya and shrimp etouffee are being promoted at 72 base commissaries along the East Coast. President Obama visits the Chamber of Commerce; Dick Cheney calls Mubarak a 'friend'; DOD buys Gulf Coast seafood; NASA's 360-degree view of the sun
- THIS is like an old-fashioned jambalaya - a mixture of rice, vegetables and meat. The Sun
- When the leftovers were put in a pot with some rice and a bit of extra liquid and cooked until the rice was done, I then lifted the lid to take a look; even though I had no idea what the word jambalaya actually means, the contents of the pot in an onomatopoetic way looked like jambalaya if that makes sense - it is a dish that looks like it sounds, sort of a jumble of everything. At My Table
- In a traditional jambalaya, chicken, sausage, ham, and chopped vegetables are cooked and added with seasonings and liquid to an iron pot full of rice.
- Now, instead of serving pita pockets or turkey sandwiches at lunch, the students are treated to roast beef with caramelized onions on a baguette or shrimp jambalaya with jalapeño cornbread.
- They're trying to create an awareness among Taiwanese about an exotic rice dish called, "jambalaya," which few people here have ever heard of. Jambalaya Jumble