[ UK /hˈiːt/ ]
[ US /ˈhit/ ]
[ US /ˈhit/ ]
- the presence of heat
utility to warm a building
the heating system wasn't working
they have radiant heating
- the sensation caused by heat energy
- a preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race
- the trait of being intensely emotional
- applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
- a form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature
make hot or hotter
heat the water on the stove
the sun heats the oceans
arouse or excite feelings and passions
Wake old feelings of hatred
The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world
The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor
gain heat or get hot
The room heated up quickly
provide with heat
heat the house
How To Use heat In A Sentence
- Toast sandwiches in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until outside is golden brown and inside is delightfully melty, about 3 minutes per side.
- Here, however, they are unlikely to survive the frosts although both impatiens and pelagoniums can be kept for next year in a heated greenhouse or brought indoors and used as house plants.
- She had a series of heated confrontation with her parents over homework.
- Because wheat emerges so quickly, weeds must be killed before drilling using tillage or contact herbicides.
- In town for the competition is Phil's arch rival and inveterate cheat Ray and his lovely American daughter Christina.
- The chops should be cooked over moderate heat to prevent excessive charring.
- Heat will only leave the container by radiation, convection and conduction if the temperature of the container is higher than the surroundings.
- Brush the aubergines with oil, add salt and pepper, and bake till soft. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a heavy pan.
- Thanks to her doctor’s recommendations she finds herself feeling decafargic by noon. cardiacpopups – the messages that popup on your computer when you are in the middle of an important project and warn you that your computer is about to conk out. on 07 Sep 2007 at 5: 52 pm Kimberly defurrify – to remove pet hair/dander from a person or thing on 07 Sep 2007 at 6: 12 pm Heather Writer Unboxed » Blog Archive » Writer Unboxed’s CONTEST, CONTEST!
- Air in free fall does not convect, which means that everything that heats up has to be cooled by fans; the space shuttle is LOUD inside. 8/4/08: Launch Pad, day 5