[ US /ɪksˈpɹɛs/ ]
[ UK /ɛkspɹˈɛs/ ]
[ UK /ɛkspɹˈɛs/ ]
indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
Can you express this distance in kilometers?
serve as a means for expressing something
The painting of Mary carries motherly love
His voice carried a lot of anger
give expression to
She showed her disappointment
obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action
Italians express coffee rather than filter it
send by rapid transport or special messenger service
She expressed the letter to Florida
manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait)
Many of the laboratory animals express the trait
articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise
He uttered a curse
She expressed her anger
- rapid transport of goods
- mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system
public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops
he caught the express to New York
please send the letter express
without unnecessary stops
an express train
an express shipment
not tacit or implied
her express wish
How To Use express In A Sentence
- He expressed his racial hatred for everyone, especially OBama making veiled death threats, spoke of other dangerous topics etc … and then offered to sell me a mosser rifle as he was buying a a whole shippment of them. Alex Jones' Prison Planet.com
- Warner wrote from Egypt expressing sympathy for their unfurnished state of affairs, but added, "I would rather fit out three houses and fill them with furniture than to fit out one 'dahabiyeh'. Mark Twain, a Biography. Complete
- Kids at one Connecticut school don't like a new rule, but you probably won't hear them expressing themselves by using profanity: the rule to keep kids from cussing.
- Does the plain, unsugared doughy type bagel look alike surpass the overly decorated with hundreds and thousands and pumped full of sweet chemicals with optional coating of chocolate (half dipped) Tescos Express doughnut win every time? Rabbit Stew. « POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG
- He said residents of Thornhill had expressly asked for greater visibility of police on their estate.
- The argument behind x is not quantitative, and we do not have an expression for its expected value under a null isolation model.
- And the prints represent Abstract Expressionism's entire stylistic range, from fast and visceral to cool and ethereal.
- The old, merry Whiting looked sideways at Richard, then the round face assumed an expression of diffident humility for Mr. Hanks. Morgan’s Run
- Moreover, it is expressly added that if the day before the Passover falls on a Sabbath, one may in this manner purchase a Paschal lamb, and, presumably, all else that is needful for the feast.
- He looked up, anger and frustration still showing plainly on his expressive face.