[ UK /ɛɡzˈæm/ ]
[ US /ɪɡˈzæm/ ]
[ US /ɪɡˈzæm/ ]
a set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge
when the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions
How To Use exam In A Sentence
- For example, paper might appear to be two-dimensional because it is so thin.
- Designed and built by hiveMODULAR partner Bryan Meyer and his wife, Anne Ryan, this little woodland getaway is a great example of how versatility makes small spaces livable. Jason Sahler | Inhabitat
- The example of the first fighter aces fixed itself in the imaginations of a generation being born just as they had met their deaths. FIGHTER BOYS: Saving Britain 1940
- For example, I see in yonder cupboard near which you are standing, several of what you call boxes (but like everything else in Flatland, they have no tops nor bottoms) full of money; I see also two tablets of accounts. Flatland: a romance of many dimensions (Illustrated)
- She is also part of a large group of oceanographers and taphonomists of the SSETI project (Shelf / Slope Taphonomic Initiative) examining carbonate preservation and destruction across the shelf and slope regions in Gulf of Mexico and Bahamas using submersibles.
- Another mystery surrounds the only example of body armour to be found among the primates.
- Following the example set by her father, she has fulfilled her role and done her duty.
- My best wishes for your success in the examination and look forward to hearing in due course that you have passed.
- High-quality sprinkler systems and new fireproof roofing materials, for example, can reduce the chance of fire.
- The exams are just around the corner and students are bogged down with preparation work for practicals and orals but the Transition year students found time to raise funds for those less fortunate.