[ UK /ˈɛθnɪk/ ]
[ US /ˈɛθnɪk/ ]
[ US /ˈɛθnɪk/ ]
- a person who is a member of an ethnic group
denoting or deriving from or distinctive of the ways of living built up by a group of people
influenced by ethnic and cultural ties
- not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam
How To Use ethnic In A Sentence
- The light, a single bulb in an ethnic basket, was suspended from the ceiling and lit just the table.
- These institutions have made the assertion of ethnic identity possible.
- The legislative branch consists of a bicameral legislation in which all people and ethnicities can be represented.
- Here location at the two extremities of the peninsula has involved a striking difference in ethnic infusions in the two districts, different historical careers owing to different vicinal grouping, and dissimilar geographic conditions. Influences of Geographic Environment On the Basis of Ratzel's System of Anthropo-Geography
- Fifty consecutive, nonobese, habitually snoring, otherwise-healthy children (age range: 6-9 years) and 50 age -, gender -, and ethnicity-matched obese children (BMI z score: 1.67) underwent an overnight polysomnographic evaluation, followed by a multiple sleep latency test the following day. Dr. Sharma’s Obesity Notes » Blog Archive » Is Sleep Apnea a Significant Problem in Sleepy Kids?
- The plagues of aggressive nationalism, racism, chauvinism, xenophobia, anti-semitism and ethnic tension are still widespread.
- As time proceeds she acquires a group of racially and ethnically mixed friends and acts with courage and self-reliance.
- Wednesday's 5-0 council vote may leave bruises on largely white Portland, but the tone was less anti-immigrant than when a 2007 attempt to rename multiethnic and blue-collar Interstate Avenue was scrapped. Undefined
- Ethnic Burmese form the majority at 67.4%, and the remainder includes the Shans, Rakhines, Mons, Chins, Kachins and the Kayahs.
- Its people are overburdened by religious riot, ethnic strife, corruption and the absence of social infrastructure.