- jointed and nearly leafless desert shrub having reduced scalelike leaves and reddish fleshy seeds
How To Use ephedra In A Sentence
- Other studies comparing ephedra with placebo or herbs containing caffeine yielded similar results.
- These products, available in health food stores or on the Internet, contain stimulants such as ephedra, caffeine, and guarana, with variable additions of common herbs or vitamins.
- The vegetation is a mix of grasses, annual herbs and isolated patches of mesquite, cholla, ephedra and yucca.
- She had been taking a weight-loss product containing caffeine and the herb ephedra on-and-off for three years.
- Dominant species include the cold-tolerant, xerophytic shrub, Haloxylon ammodendron (Goosefoot Family Chenopodiaceae), the tamarisk (Reaumuria spp.), and the gymnosperm Ephedra przewalski. Qaidam Basin semi-desert
- There's some ephedra waiting, in a flavor of your choice.
- Along the escarpments, redberry junipers grow on the rimrock and cliff faces, along with skunkbush sumac, ephedra, mountain mahogany, plum, grape, and clematis. Ecoregions of Texas (EPA)
- Pamela Bradley had taken about six times the recommended dose of diet pills containing the herb ephedra.
- Ephedra is probably safe, especially as a whole plant, in modest doses for people who do not have the medical conditions that contraindicate its use. The Best Alternative Medicine
- Its most active -- and controversial -- ingredients are two stimulants: 40 milligrams of caffeine (about what you get in a shot of espresso) and 12 milligrams of ephedra, which is derived from a Chinese herb called mahuang. Weighing The Health Risks, In Your Body