[ UK /ɛnkˌæpsuːlˈeɪʃən/ ]
the condition of being enclosed (as in a capsule)
the encapsulation of tendons in membranous sheaths
- the process of enclosing (as in a capsule)
How To Use encapsulation In A Sentence
- It appears that this phenomenon requires the encapsulation by a head of a gradable modifying notion.
- The honeybee immune system, like other species of holometabolous insects, depends on two main categories of defense reactions: the cell-mediated responses such as phagocytosis and encapsulation of foreign objects, and cell-free defense mechanisms represented by the anti-microbial immune proteins" (Response of the Apoidea to fungal infections by Glinski and Buczek - PDF format). Bee nonsense
- All three of the features just discussed ” mandatoriness, speed, and shallowness ” are associated with, and to some extent explicable in terms of, informational encapsulation. Modularity of Mind
- Instead, researchers are focusing on microencapsulation. Battlestar Galactica: Self-Repairing Materials
- The report focuses on its new responsibilities: microencapsulation technology that promises to deliver medication where it is needed, to enhance the effectiveness of everything from cancer therapies to skin creams. Former FDA Commissioner says FDA is Grossly Underfunded
- The Object - Oriented characters, such as encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism and dynamic binding etc, increase the testing complexity.
- Granted, the band is still on one hell of a roll on this album, as opener "Jotun" soundly attests, one of the finest encapsulations of the Gothenburg sound ever put on record, Strömblad's mournful melodies working in direct contrast to the bracing gallop set by drummer Gelotte and bassist Johan Larsson. PopMatters
- Both isotropy and Quineanness are features that preclude encapsulation, since their possession by a system would require potentially unlimited access to the contents of central memory, and hence cognitive penetrability to the max. Modularity of Mind
- Recombination requires the simultaneous infection of a cell with two different proviruses, allowing the encapsulation of one RNA transcript from each provirus into a heterozygous virion.
- The focal stage for this analysis is the early period of embryo encapsulation, a mode of development that has evolved several times among gastropods, polychaetes, nemerteans and flatworms.