the state of a person's emotions (especially with regard to pleasure or dejection)
he was in good spirits
his spirit rose
his emotional state depended on her opinion
How To Use emotional state In A Sentence
- He was in a deeply emotional state, for all the colorlessness of his voice. GALILEE
- Together with humming it may be presumed to be the simplest form of music making, in particular for self amusement, and as such revealing the emotional state of mind of the whistler.
- This research is concerned with commonsense ideas about emotion and with the way people act upon information about their emotional state.
- Liquid Valium Anxiety is an unpleasant emotional state that differs from related states such as fear, aggression, and confusion.
- He was in a very emotional state.
- Anger is an emotional state that varies in intensity, ranging from mild irritation to violent rage.
- This has considerable significance for the communication of emotional states and personal interaction.
- Or that communion with God is but a transcendental, emotional state of self-negation and acceptance?
- It can be applied in general mental-emotional states such postnatal depression, bereavement, anxiety, withdrawal from drugs, anorexia, sexual abuse and panic attacks.
- Frankly, I wouldn't trust his emotional state right now.