- a republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1921
How To Use Eire In A Sentence
- Complicated cross-shareholdings in the keiretsu style are typical in Asia, where controlling families and their cronies siphon much wealth away from shareholders.
- San Francisco poets Tarin Towers and Daphne Gottlieb, Eitan Kadosh from L.A. and Phoenix's Eirein Bradley barnstormed with O'Hara through 35 U.S. cities over the summer.
- Freire has been forced to admit that his practice can only really work if other conditions are also present.
- Japan's unique form of capitalism, based as it is on huge industrial groups called keiretsu, is beginning to fade. Japan's Young Slackers
- His marriage to an heiress is a tragedy.
- Eire's punt, once tied to sterling, was allowed to float free.
- Freire and Lopes, who had experience of working with old buildings were appointed as architects.
- Many members of the Dail Eireann spend an excessive amount of time and effort in the constituency, but this has been more related to Irish political culture than the electoral system.
- Tak the drunkard frae his whusky, the deboshed frae his debosh, the sweirer frae his aiths, the leear frae his lees; and giena ony o 'them ower muckle o' yer siller at ance, for fear 'at they grow fat an' kick an 'defy God and you. Robert Falconer
- His father had inherited the Acton family baronetcy and his mother was the heiress of a German nobleman, the Duke of Dalberg.