[ US /ˈeɪˈtinθ, eɪˈtinθ/ ]
[ UK /ˈeɪtiːnθ/ ]
[ UK /ˈeɪtiːnθ/ ]
- coming next after the seventeenth in position
- position 18 in a countable series of things
How To Use eighteenth In A Sentence
- The term aesthetics was coined in the eighteenth century by the German philosopher Alexander Baumgarten from the Greek word aisthetikos meaning “perceptive, especially by feeling”. MARKETING AESTHETICS
- His Eminence Don Pelasio de Labastida, an eighteenth century bishop of Mexico City set a scandalous example of such indulgence in earthly pleasures. To the charreada with stars in her eyes
- Such a cynosure, at least in aspect, and something such too in nature, though with important variations made apparent as the story proceeds, was welkin-eyed Billy Budd, or Baby Budd, as more familiarly under circumstances hereafter to be given he at last came to be called, aged twenty-one, a foretopman of the British fleet toward the close of the last decade of the eighteenth century. Billy Budd
- Robert Dossie described three categories of watercolor painting — miniature, the most delicate; distemper, which is coarser, uses less expensive colors in a glue or casein binder, and is appropriate for canvas hangings, ceilings, and other interior decorative painting purposes; and fresco. reference As a technique practiced by the Romans, fresco painting was a subject of particularly interest in the antiquity-obsessed eighteenth-century. The Creation of Color in Eighteenth-Century Europe
- But marketing alone cannot explain why "onanism" and related terms began to show up in the great eighteenth-century encyclopedias or why one of the most influential physicians in France, the celebrated Samuel Auguste David Tissot, took up the idea of masturbation as a dangerous illness or why Tissot's 1760 work, L'Onanisme, became an instant European literary sensation. Me, Myself, and I
- Throughout the last decades of the eighteenth century and the first decades of the nineteenth, scarcely a year passed without violent protest or armed rebellion.
- The sculpture was badly mutilated in the late eighteenth century.
- The functional modernity of the computer struck a discordant note amid the elegant eighteenth-century furniture.
- The honey seems extraordinarily expensive, but then sweetness was a prerogative of the rich until the eighteenth century.
- Many dictionaries of Neapolitan dialect from the late eighteenth century onward tell us that pizza, at its simplest, was merely a generic word for all kinds of pies, and for what would be called focaccia or schiacciata elsewhere in Italy, that is, a flat piece of dough dappled with fat or oil and cooked quickly in a hot oven. Delizia!