the white part of an egg; the nutritive and protective gelatinous substance surrounding the yolk consisting mainly of albumin dissolved in water
she separated the whites from the yolks of several eggs
How To Use egg white In A Sentence
- Anyway, today we made a pistachio dacquoise (remember that a dacquoise is a meringue--whipped egg whites--with sugar and nut flour(s) folded into it), an apricot-passion-fruit gelee, some apricot glaze, two sablee dough shells (we didn't get to do those, as the only sablee dough left was too soft to work with, so we'll do it tomorrow), and each of us made an inverted puff pastry recipe and put four turns in the dough. Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
- Heat the egg whites and the remaining caster sugar in a large clean, heatproof bowl. Times, Sunday Times
- The most baroque of these is a slippery square of cod, baked in a dome of salt and egg whites, which the waiters tap open at the table with a spoon.
- He beat the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Lightly beat the egg white and brush over biscuit tops.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until firm but not stiff, and fold the two mixtures together.
- Take a metal serving spoon and scoop out a third of the egg white. Times, Sunday Times
- Sift the cornflour and cocoa powder together, then gently fold into the egg whites with the vinegar until combined. Times, Sunday Times
- Fold in the remainder of the sugar with a metal spoon, cutting the egg whites rather than mixing them.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into batter.