concerned with promoting unity among churches or religions
the ecumenical movement
How To Use ecumenic In A Sentence
- He urged booksellers to cooperate to form a nationwide chain of ecumenical book outlets that would be well-funded and professionally run.
- At 6.30 pm there will be an ecumenical service of thanksgiving for the Flower Festival.
- The Church, concludes the ecumenical patriarch, which by its educational activities instructed the people of God in revealed truth through the centuries, owes much to these schools of human thought, which contributed to man's intellectual and spiritual development, drawing him away from useless preservationism. Spero News
- It was the first ecumenical meeting on poverty that helped to lay down the groundwork for future church coalitions.
- Unlike the "caucus" threads, the article and reply posts of an "ecumenic" thread can discuss more than one belief, but antagonism is not tolerable. Latest Articles
- He played a very important role in the emergence and furtherance of ecumenical teaching and thought.
- If the article is inappropriate for an ecumenic discussion, the tag will be changed to open. Latest Articles
- Church relations were tentative and the ecumenical movement was still in its early stages. A Channel of Peace
- Perhaps the most ecumenically minded Catholic independent schools are the twenty-one members of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools, and many Jesuit schools also have substantial non-Catholic enrollments.
- Mehmet II, who collected Christian relics and occasionally watched a Christian service, even revived the Oecumenical patriarchate, the senior see of Orthodox Christianity.