[ UK /dɪskˈʌmfət/ ]
[ US /dɪˈskəmfɝt/ ]
[ US /dɪˈskəmfɝt/ ]
- the state of being tense and feeling pain
- an uncomfortable feeling of mental painfulness or distress
How To Use discomfort In A Sentence
- This is the exclusive preserve of the cave explorer who cares less for personal discomfort.
- But physical discomforts during the third trimester, such as heartburn, leg cramps, fetal movement, shortness of breath and sinus congestion, can again interfere with sleep.
- Ye same did rede a portion of his "Venus and Adonis," to their prodigious admiration, whereas I, being sleepy and fatigued withal, did deme it but paltry stuff, and was the more discomforted in that ye blody bucanier had got his wind again, and did turn his mind to farting with such villain zeal that presently I was like to choke once more. 1601
- He first felt discomfort back in June and the problem was diagnosed as a stress fracture. The Sun
- We are told that after he called his cardiologist, who by the way, is Dr. Jonathan Reiner, to report that he had been having some discomfort, the doctor said you'd better get yourself back in here right now because as you pointed out, last November 22nd, the then - vice president-to-be was brought to the hospital. CNN Transcript - Breaking News: Vice President Could Be Hospitalized Overnight - March 5, 2001
- It also contains barley to reduce redness and soothe discomfort. Times, Sunday Times
- Eventually, the skin will "toughen," and your child won't feel as much discomfort. Pediatric surgery: Central Line/Subcutaneous Port
- And apart from altered bowel movement, IBS sufferers also complain about feeling bloated, abdominal pain and discomfort.
- After a long, tedious sail, during which I was subjected to every discomfort, and exposure to the weather, as well as jeers and insults that effervesced from a corrupt heart, where they had been concealed for so many years, we reached a spot near enough to the land to discover a cluster of orange trees and a cabin. Bond and Free: A Tale of the South
- Roo suspected it was a lie, as Duncan was inclined to aggrandize his own discomfort and diminish others ', but he didn't mind. RISE OF A MERCHANT PRINCE: BOOK TWO OF THE SERPENTWAR SAGA