[ US /dɪsˈbɝs/ ]
[ UK /dɪsbˈɜːs/ ]
[ UK /dɪsbˈɜːs/ ]
- expend, as from a fund
How To Use disburse In A Sentence
- The army's Quartermaster Corps, unaccustomed to providing for the needs of a wartime force, had disbursed flimsy, floorless tents; as a result, Grant and the rest of the four - thousand - man force slept in the cold mud, protected from the elements by thin woolen blankets. 'The Training Ground: Grant, Lee, Sherman, and Davis in the Mexican War, 1846-1848'
- To sum up on aid disbursement, we would like to deliver big and fast, but differences in performances can be traced to specific characteristics or problems in one sector or one country.
- Ensure that the federal government and state and local governments disburse funds according to an established and accelerated timeline Ed Crego, George MuÃ±oz and Frank Islam: The Need for Austerity and Audacity
- The unfunded liabilities in entitlement schemes are already showing that they're reaching their tipping points a decade earlier than projected; for the last five months, Social Security has taken in less money into the "trust fund" than it has disbursed - in other words, the tipping point predicted (variously) in 2014, 2018, 2019, 2023, etc - it is here and now: social security is now having to be made whole by the general fund. Latest Articles
- He could establish or dissolve public institutions and he had the right to disburse public funds.
- These individuals are able to disburse their funds quite easily.
- Alec Baldwin's foundation gave away $555,000 with only $215 in overhead expenses; fellow actor Steve Martin's disbursed $399,000 with overhead of $329. Celebrity Charities: Good For Image, But What About Good Works?
- I suspect there are other social agencies in DC which would like to get their hands on the money now being disbursed to Catholic Charities. About the base: Another futile note to some of my fellow progressive bloggers
- Six months after its launch the fund has no administrative structures and has disbursed no money.
- Not only will the treasury unit have authority to disburse funds to ministries and government institutions, but it will also be responsible for finding resources to finance the state budget.