[ US /ˌkɹɪstʃiˈænɪti/ ]
- a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior
the collective body of Christians throughout the world and history (found predominantly in Europe and the Americas and Australia)
for a thousand years the Roman Catholic Church was the principal church of Christendom
How To Use Christianity In A Sentence
- So I was writing an email about comparing Mormonism and traditional Christianity and I wrote “moronism” instead. Moronism « Christopher Colaninno
- Christianity could not content itself with building up its own altar; it was absolutely forced to undertake the destruction of the heathen altars
- The essays also stress how important were the dynamics of receiving cultures for the appropriation and interpretation of Christianity.
- Moreover, he believed very firmly in Christianity as the way of saving human beings, and he addicted to a monkish life.
- There were tensions between tradition and Christianity, but there were also compromises and accommodations, a fusion of cultures.
- His closest friends had no time for biblical Christianity, his church attendance lapsed, and his work became increasingly secular, including writing for the theatre.
- Likewise, among Christians it has long been conventional to use uppercase Orthodox as a term distinguishing the Christianity that shared forms of liturgy and theology rooted in the Byzantine, or Greek-speaking, part of the Roman Empire from those who took a separate path in the West. Jewschool
- Low price Christianity Lu the cloth give is gorgeous, Ugg Classic Short, sexy, and exert everything to attire to have a liking for to is hard to believe.
- The edification of this house is gradually to be perfected more and more till the coming of Christ, by laying the foundation of Christianity, in bringing men still unto Christ, and carrying on the superstruction in perfecting them in Christ in all spiritual growth, till at last the top-stone be laid on, the Church completed, and translated _to the house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens_. The Divine Right of Church Government by Sundry Ministers Of Christ Within The City Of London
- Doctoral dissertation: " Secularisation and Christianity in Contemporary Britain".