- a B-complex vitamin that is a constituent of lecithin; essential in the metabolism of fat
How To Use choline In A Sentence
- Mustard, salt, picholine olives and super-thin rye toasts give the house-cured gravlax just the right accents. SFGate: Top News Stories
- Noradrenaline decreased I_(K) distinctly. Isoprenaline and acetylcholine showed no effect on I_(K) in isolated rat hepatocytes.
- Anticholinesterase drugs stimulate nerve-impulse transmission, and corticosteroids may help.
- For lipid overlay, 0.05 mM biotinylated phosphatidylethanolamine was incorporated to the preparation of PPM or IPM with a 1 / 200 molar ratio toward L-α-lysophosphatidylcholine. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- • Healthy fats to keep their cell walls integral but permeable -- such as omega-3 fats, and phosphatidylserine and phosphatidyl choline, available from foods and supplements Alison Rose Levy: Fix Your Mood with Brain Food
- The primary species of bound UCB in our models were: undissociated diacid for phosphatidylcholine, dianion for dodecyl maltoside micelles and cyclodextrins, and both monoanions and dianion for sodium taurocholate. BioMed Central - Latest articles
- Both antihistamines and anticholinergics can have anticholinergic side effects, including dry mouth, urinary retention, blurred vision, and exacerbation of narrow-angle glaucoma.
- The basal ganglia of the brain are peculiarly rich in acetylcholine, the presence of which must presumably have some significance; and suggestive effects of eserine and of acetylcholine, injected into the ventricles of the brain, have been described. Sir Henry Dale - Nobel Lecture
- All nerve agents act by inhibiting the enzyme acetylcholinesterase, which breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
- Robertson RT, Gallardo KA, Claytor KJ, Ha DH, Ku KH, et al. (1998) Neonatal treatment with 192 IgG-saporin produces long-term forebrain cholinergic deficits and reduces dendritic branching and spine density of neocortical pyramidal neurons. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles