[ UK /tʃˈɑːntəɹˌɛl/ ]
- widely distributed edible mushroom rich yellow in color with a smooth cap and a pleasant apricot aroma
How To Use chanterelle In A Sentence
- The chanterelle is the perfect specimen for novice mushroom pickers to spot.
- Like much of Sweden, Uppsala is in the midst of a very Linnaean-spirited culinary trend that champions local foods such as cloudberries, chanterelle mushrooms, tangy Västerbotten cheese, and turbot with truffles. The Constant Gardener
- I remember - among many such memories - being led to a secret patch of chanterelles, a woodsy, nutty mushroom that preserves well, in a stand of primal spruce.
- Montauk Fluke en papillote, seckle pear, parsley root & chanterelles 23.00 Gothamist
- My favourite wild mushrooms are ceps and chanterelles or girolles.
- A roasted poussin is vividly enhanced by black spice and yellowfoot chanterelles.
- Ft Bragg Petrale Sole with Olympic Peninsula chanterelles, thyme and fingerling potatoes, $26 The rest of the menu leans heavily on under-$30 fresh-fish offerings, such as the $26 petrale sole with fingerling potatoes. Hayes Street Grill
- Slice the mushrooms thinly, but tear the girolles, chanterelles and blewits in half. Foodbeam » 2005 » August
- It's just the tail end of the edible fungi season and Helen goes foraging with local hotelier Eric Hart looking for ceps, puffballs, winter chanterelles (known as yellowlegs), and blewits with their distinctive scent of Parma violets.
- I love wild mushrooms and in particular, chanterelles (or girolles in French).