- a rigid layer of polysaccharides enclosing the membrane of plant and prokaryotic cells; maintains the shape of the cell and serves as a protective barrier
How To Use cell wall In A Sentence
- Soap destroys the cell walls of bacteria.
- Bacteria in this group lack cell walls and cannot survive outside the cells of the organisms they parasitize.
- • Healthy fats to keep their cell walls integral but permeable -- such as omega-3 fats, and phosphatidylserine and phosphatidyl choline, available from foods and supplements Alison Rose Levy: Fix Your Mood with Brain Food
- When calcium is desorbed from the cell wall, it becomes looser and the pore sizes in it increases.
- The direction of cell growth is determined by the orientation of the cellulose fibrils in the cell wall.
- For example, microcrystalline pyrite is ubiquitous on the inner surface of cell walls, within lignified cell walls and in the middle lamella.
- Thus, there must be an efficient transport system to shuttle them across the various layers of membrane and cell wall, and the outer cell wall must also possess a biocatalyst that takes care of the mineral's reduction.
- The doctor explained that, in order of severity, cervical dysplasia is mild, moderate and severe, followed by carcinoma in situ [early cancer that had broken through the cell walls], and then invasive cancer. Patricia Yarberry Allen: What to Do if You Have Genital HPV
- In the inner heartwood, these bodies were rarefying and cell walls became impregnated by a brown colour.
- When the cure was complete, the probe was raised to lift the entire cell wall above the water level.