a glycoprotein that is found primarily on the surface of helper T cells
CD4 is a receptor for HIV in humans
How To Use CD4 In A Sentence
- Areas of laboratory research interest include immune cell (T -, B -, NK-cell) signal transduction and cytoskeletal dynamics, dendritic cells and immune tolerance infectious causes of autoimmune disease and CD40-ligand transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation in SLE. Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship
- Antibody levels and percent survival of BALB / c mice immunized and depleted / undepleted of CD4 PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- In dermatology field, the interaction of CD40-CD40L is involved in the occurrence and development of immunologic, inflammatory, infectious and tumorous dermatoses .
- Five patients had an initial rise of CD4 and CD8 cell counts during the first week of illness, followed by a fall of both cell counts.
- To investigate thrombocyte and erythrocyte CD35, CD44 and CD62P expression discrepancy and its biological significance of tumor metastasis.
- Officials at the National Institutes of Health and the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control have dubbed the phenomenon ICL (for idiopathic CD4 + T-lymphocytopenia), and scientists are searching for common threads among sufferers. Aids Or Chronic Fatigue?
- They not only found that large numbers of CD8+ T cells infiltrated obese epididymal adipose tissue in mice fed a high-fat diet (while there was a depletion of CD4+ T ells), but also that this infiltration preceded the accumulation of macrophages in fat tissue. Dr. Sharma’s Obesity Notes » Blog Archive » Will Immunotherapy Provide a New Treatment for Obesity?
- Specifically, the flow cytometer told Gilbert that in the mice exposed to TCE, a T-cell activation molecule, CD44, was acting differently than it would have if there had been no autogen. The Autoimmune Epidemic
- It is a physiological way of preventing abnormal proliferation of activated lymphocyte clones, but here the phenomenon was enormous and bore not only on the main cellular target of HIV infection, CD4+ T-lymphocytes, but also on cells which were not infectable by the virus, such as CD8+ T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes, monocytes, natural killer cells ... Luc Montagnier - Autobiography
- Influenza vaccination has produced substantial antibody titers against influenza in vaccinated HIV-infected persons who have minimal symptoms related to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and high CD4 cell counts.