- tall North American reed having relative wide leaves and large plumelike panicles; widely distributed in moist areas; used for mats, screens and arrow shafts
How To Use carrizo In A Sentence
- The Carrizoso plateau had been sacred ground, and it was unsupposable that it could ever be desecrated by the trampling hoofs and scissor noses of these woolly abominations. Heart's Desire
- More recently, VCA had plucked the rights to a ridgetop across a broad valley from the Carrizos. Yellow Dirt
- There was just one bad moment, in Teec Nos Pos, after we turned off a paved highway to travel three tracks, each one rockier and brushier than the one before, all the way to the foot of the Carrizo range. Yellow Dirt
- De Acapulco, Acapolco, municipio del estado de Guerrero, del náhuatl Acapulco, literalmente = 'lugar de grandes cañas', de acatl 'caña, carrizo' + pol, aumentativo, + -co 'en, lugar de'; la ciudad fue fundada en el siglo XVI. Languagehat.com: MEXICAN AND GEOGRAPHICAL DICTIONARIES.
- The agent of River Plate goalkeeper Juan Pablo Carrizo insists the youngster will join Lazio this week.