- an antitoxin that counteracts the effects of venom from the bite of a snake or insect or other animal
How To Use antivenin In A Sentence
- There is treatment for a black widow spider bite that can take care of the symptoms but black widow spider antivenin is seldom necessary, the centre says.
- But after treatment with antivenin and a short stay in the hospital, Ryan recovered with no ill effects.
- Would the antivenin arrive in time to save the dog from dying from the bite?
- Although the mainstay of treatment is definitely antivenin, in district settings where the antivenin is not readily available steroids are helpful.
- Biotechnological advances resulted in a new antivenin that proports to be less immunogenic than the standard antivenin. Crotalidae Polyvalent Immune Fab (Ovine)
- Many venomous snakes in Iran are being collected for the production of antivenin.
- In New Guinea, where we don't have much antivenin, the death rate remains something like 50-50.
- Thanks to the widespread availability of effective antivenins, snakebite fatalities in Australia have become rare in recent decades.
- Until recently, all venomous snakebites in the United States have been treated with this whole IgG antivenin. Crotalidae Polyvalent Immune Fab (Ovine)
- But by showtime, one of the assistants, Britt Stevens of Brownwood, was en route to the hospital for antivenin.