[ US /ˌænθɹəˈpɑɫədʒi/ ]
[ UK /ˌænθɹəpˈɒlədʒi/ ]
[ UK /ˌænθɹəpˈɒlədʒi/ ]
- the social science that studies the origins and social relationships of human beings
How To Use anthropology In A Sentence
- The study of this aspect of language provides links with other disciplines such as sociology, social anthropology, psychology and philosophy.
- So we set about assembling a team of cross-disciplinary professionals including Dr. Patricia Muehsam, on the faculty of Mount Sinai Medical School; Dr. Peter Roche de Coppens, professor of sociology, anthropology, and psychotherapy at East Stroudsburg University in Pennsylvania and the Sorbonne in Paris; Dr. Beverly Rubik, a biophysicist who had conducted scientific research in mind-body, subtle energies, and complementary medicine; Dr. J. Manifesting Michelangelo
- A social scientist of great distinction and international reputation, Malinowski was a founder of modern social anthropology.
- The announcement electrified the paleoanthropology community.
- By fknvty, December 23, 2009 @ 5: 01 pm peeping principals more like it. fk the anthropology, i spent the best part of 2 years at uni committing m. meade to heart only to discover some years later she was a complete and proven dialectic nutjob. fkn yanks yet again.pz. v. Cheeseburger Gothic » Yes I get ffkn grmpy whn I’m on fkn deadline.
- As Clifford Geertz has argued, in a witty and perceptive essay on Benedict, in itself the book is perhaps better seen as a kind of Swiftian satire, in which the alienness of Japan is used to unsettle US assumptions about the naturalness of their own society, than as a work of 'scienti c' anthropology (Geertz 1988; see also Lummis 1982). Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- In this paper, I will try to show that these contributions fail to articulate an adequate concept of embodied personhood for anthropology because they presuppose impoverished notions of semiosis and language.
- Aesthetic mentality should be intensified in aesthetic anthropology so as to distinguish aesthetic anthropology from general cultural anthropology and highlight its own aesthetic features.
- At the university, I lectured in physical anthropology. Times, Sunday Times
- Rykwert, The idea of a town - The Anthropology of Urban Form in Rome, Italy 1999, p.126: "As the egg was a picture of the whole universe, so the telluric mundus became a representation of what the Pythagoreans were the first to call cosmos. Archive 2009-07-01