- any of various dull-colored South American birds that feeding on ants some following army ant swarms
How To Use antbird In A Sentence
- The seasonal deciduous forest is a well-known center of endemism for birds, harboring two very specialized species of antbirds (slender antbird Rhophornis ardesiaca and narrow-billed antbird Formicivora iheringi). Bahia interior forests
- Led by Dr. Joseph Tobias and Dr.Nathalie Seddon from the Edward Grey Institute, University of Oxford, the research team analysed the calls and songs of two antbird species that were living side-by-side in the Amazon rainforest - the Peruvian warbling-antbird and the yellow-breasted warbling-antbird. Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- Entire avian families, including cotingas, manakins, toucans, and ground antbirds, are essentially confined to the Neotropics, as are such unique species as screamers, trumpeters, sunbittern, hoatzin, and boat-billed heron.
- Hylopezus berlepschi, Amazonian Antpitta an antbird Who Was Berlepsch?
- There are three species that fall into this specialized group: helmeted pygmy-tyrant, black-headed antbird and an undescribed Herpsilochmus antwren. NYT > Home Page
- When a female antbird searches for a mate, it all may come down to a song. U.S. News
- Suboscines are particularly well represented, with vocalizations of more than 350 (!) species of ovenbirds, antbirds, tyrant flycatchers, and the like.
- Particularly among suboscines, subtle differences in songs often separate closely related species, as recently confirmed for thamnophilid antbirds.
- Some species that will benefit from the protected areas include the slender antbird Mongabay.com News
- Only 7 percent remains of the original 400,000-square-mile forest, home to hundreds of species of trees and animals like tapirs, jaguars and the rare marsh antbird.