[ UK /ˈæŋɡəd/ ]
[ US /ˈæŋɡɝd/ ]
[ US /ˈæŋɡɝd/ ]
marked by extreme anger
infuriated onlookers charged the police who were beating the boy
a furious scowl
furious about the accident
could not control the maddened crowd
the enraged bull attached
How To Use angered In A Sentence
- So spake he, and Athene was mightily angered at heart, and chid Odysseus in wrathful words: Odysseus, thou hast no more steadfast might nor any prowess, as when for nine whole years continually thou didst battle with the Trojans for high born Helen, of the white arms, and many men thou slewest in terrible warfare, and by thy device the wide-wayed city of Priam was taken. Book XXII
- They may feel that mechanized trail use is inappropriate and are angered by the inefficient two-cycle engine noise and exhaust.
- These need to be kept tight, sharp and limited, because the woollier they get, the more endangered. Times, Sunday Times
- One of only two remaining alligator species in the world, this reptile has the dubious distinction of being the planet's most endangered species.
- Since 2001, areas north of Point Conception to an intersect with the Oregon coast has been closed to drift gillnet fishing from August 15th through November 15th in order to protect endangered leatherback and loggerhead sea turtles. Permit to Kill Pacific Sea Turtles and Whales Requested by Seafood Company
- One of his previous books on natural history, The Song of the Dodo, dealt with island biogeography and endangered species.
- It could, so various spokespersons for Leichhardt council, have “endangered staff and/or public.” Librarian Threatened to Stop Palestinian Exhibit
- There have been concerns raised that on such a scale, the shark is at serious risk of becoming an endangered species.
- As she frequently reminded them, they were now the endangered species, more vulnerable than the lemur and slow loris. RUSHING TO PARADISE
- In addition, the teams surveyed the numbers of other plants and animals including endangered golden monkeys, elephants, and forest buffalo.