- one of a group of rabbis (active AD 250-500) who discussed the Mishnaic law in the law schools of Palestine and Mesopotamia where they explained and applied earlier teachings and whose discussions are recorded in the Talmud; they emphasized the study of Torah and the importance of personal action and the fulfillment of the commandments
How To Use amora In A Sentence
- HIV-positive Pedro Zamora from the San Francisco season, for example, put a face to the stigmatized disease of AIDS and did a world of good with his exposure -- even getting the recognition of then-president Bill Clinton. Ryan O'Connell: Auditioning for the Real World Is Too Real
- Such a seemingly innocuous observation, yet as Logan evolves from student, to writer, to secret agent, to art gallery dealer, we see how it informs a kind of amorality in his character that propels him to sleep with his college mate's girlfriend and, later, the same man's wife, marry a woman he doesn't love and then push her aside when he meets the real love of his life. SFGate: Top News Stories
- The writings of a great amoralist - a de Sade, a Stirner, a Nietzsche - can inspire a handful of murders in two centuries.
- Machiavelli was a chief target of the philoso - phes because he preached an amoralistic selfishness which promoted despotic arbitrariness. MACHIAVELLISM
- Old dandies with creaking joints tottered along Piccadilly to their certain doom; young clerks in the city, explaining that they wished to attend their aunt's funeral, crowded the omnibuses for Kensington and were seen no more; while my mother tells me that excursion trains from the country were arriving at the principal stations throughout the day, bearing huge loads of provincial inamorati. The War of the Wenuses
- Shahzad also was captured on video buying fireworks from a Matamoras, Pa., store. Dramatic airport arrest nets Times Square bomb suspect
- Older conservatives, informed by the just-war tradition and more sensitive to the idea of absolute moral standards than to the amoralism of Machiavelli, were capable of rendering critical judgments on their own governments.
- Hypocrisy, though not evident regarding Bennett, is far superior to its replacement in the modern era, relativistic amoralism, as pure behavior seems lacking amongst our fellow humans. "For Republicans, there's only one candidate of hope: Hillary Rodham Clinton."
- He's had a tattoo with the name of a former lover removed, to avoid hurting the feelings of his current inamorata.
- One of the final panels proffers Der Führer's personal opinion of his adversary: ‘He is an utterly amoral, repulsive creature.’