- the capital of the United States in the District of Columbia and a tourist mecca; George Washington commissioned Charles L'Enfant to lay out the city in 1791
How To Use American capital In A Sentence
- American capitalism was able to afford this reformist policy because of its unchallenged position of world economic dominance.
- Warren Buffett, the iconic figure of American capitalism, expressed the new wariness in his annual report released Saturday.
- Whether called French dirigisme… the quest for shareholder value… or dynamic American capitalism, they all have the same bitter aftertaste: neither voters, retirees, nor shareholders are likely to get what they were promised.
- The slower-growing economy, along with reduced investor demand for leveraged loans, has caused the prices of many of American Capital's loans, many of which are inactively traded, to drop. Rule Clouds American Capital
- The Big Board's roots as an icon of American capitalism go back to 1792, when traders signed an agreement under a buttonwood tree on Wall Street. Feds Sink Nasdaq's Bid to Buy Big Board
- The undisputed American capital of wine has earned its reputation thanks to seemingly endless picturesque vineyards and world-class wines.
- The attempt to create the mirage of value through speculative activities independent of the production process had a profound effect on the character of American capitalism and the social physiognomy of its ruling elite.
- In a speech broadcast on Iran state television, he predicted what he called the demise of American capitalism and corporate favoritism. NYT > Home Page
- He was alarmed that at this crucial time there was no British ambassador in the American capital. Times, Sunday Times
- Peruvian cuisine has had many influences - from Indians and Spanish conquistadors, who made Lima their South American capital, to waves of Italian, Chinese, African and Japanese immigrants.