- effects (as nosebleed or nausea) of oxygen deficiency in the blood and tissues at high altitudes
How To Use altitude sickness In A Sentence
- Whether it was the beginnings of altitude sickness, hypothermia, or simply fatigue I have no idea.
- Only for altitude sickness, according to her spokesman. Times, Sunday Times
- As the trek ascends and descends on a switchback ascent, an ever-present extra hazard is high-altitude sickness brought about by the ‘thinning’ air
- Altitude sickness, parasites, frostbite and being gored by a yak are some of the reasons most people prefer to travel in their armchairs.
- The climbers failed to reach the summit because of altitude sickness.
- Her dizzying climb prompts few signs of altitude sickness now. Times, Sunday Times
- Several medications can treat and even help prevent altitude sickness, including acetazolamide (sold as Diamox) and sildenafil (better known as Viagra). Pentagon's Uphill Battle
- This is a comprehensive source of information that helps surfers diagnose ailments, from altitude sickness to heatstroke, advises on first aid and discusses issues such as exercise programmes.
- Temperatures will drop to minus 26 degrees centigrade and the team of eight are likely to suffer altitude sickness on a mountain used by many as final preparation to summit Everest.
- For thousands of years, indigenous Bolivians have chewed coca leaves, which contain small amounts of cocaine, to ward off the altitude sickness that can accompany living at high mountain elevations.