despite anything to the contrary (usually preceding a concession)
he was a stern yet fair master
although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it
granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go
while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed
How To Use all the same In A Sentence
- I'll touch you, all the same, even if they hurt, because I too have to do what I want to doas soon as your menstruation is finished. Where Women Make History: Gendered Tellings of Community and Change in Magude, Mozambique
- Well, chow-chow, chowri; it's all the same," said the big lad impatiently. Glyn Severn's Schooldays
- I doubt we'll get any rain out of it, but I like to listen to Rip Van Winkle and the boys playing ninepins all the same.
- All the same, there are two passages in the book that I found eerily premonitory of what she would do ten years later.
- This approach assumes that female psychologists in a particular category are all the same.
- Archie is mostly an obnoxious idiot, but all the same, he has a heart of pure gold (I prefer the Jughead character more). Poor, poor Betty, ‘the saddest girl in the world’ | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources – Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment
- We didn't really see much reason for it, but we remained mum all the same.
- High fructose is not at all the same thing as all fructose. I'm Back - And Not a Moment Too Soon
- Marriage made her Lady Andrew Cavendish, then Marchioness of Hartington, th en Duchess of Devonshire that ' s all the same husband, and I can ' t blame Americans who find British nomenclature taxing; since her husband died six years ago, she has been the Dowager Duchess. Portrait of a Vanishing World
- Maybe she would go away after a while, but all the same he had to go upstairs and past the kiosk and the bar if he wanted to get to the entry doors.