[ UK /æɡɹˈeəɹiən/ ]
[ US /əˈɡɹɛɹiən/ ]
[ US /əˈɡɹɛɹiən/ ]
relating to farming or agriculture
an agrarian (or agricultural) society
How To Use agrarian In A Sentence
- During an earlier scene of cooperative fruit picking with Cambodian and Laotian refugees, we are offered an opportunity to meditate on a pan-Asian Thailand of agrarian-pastoral well-being, and a move away from the tense border security of the 70s when refugees from Cambodia and Laos led Thailand to turn sharply to the right. Michael Vazquez: ON THE 48TH ANNUAL NEW YORK FILM FESTIVAL
- By the 1870s sufficient of world agriculture was in the second position to make agrarian depression both world-wide and politically explosive.
- The term agrarianism derived partly from the ancient Roman agrarian law to redistribute property and Thomas Paine's 1797 work, Agrarian Justice Opposed to Agrarian Law, and to Agrarian Monopoly: Being a Plan for Meliorating the Condition of Man, By Creating in Every Advocating The Man: Masculinity, Organized Labor, and the Household in New York, 1800-1840
- In the more traditional agrarian societies these mobile constructors formed an important bridge between rural and industrial life.
- Navarre was a conservative, stable agrarian society in which Catholic Credit societies flourished in the late nineteenth century.
- There were precedents in most agrarian societies for wage labor and tenantry.
- Trauth contrasted those findings from Humboldt County with earlier and ongoing research on Ireland's transformation from an agrarian economy to a high-tech one.
- In the past, the Malays were tied to their agrarian communities, and the British brought in Chinese and Indians to partake in different spheres of economic activities.
- Who made up this new elite, this agrarian bourgeoisie? A Social History of Modern Spain
- China one fifth of humanity braked its population growth, made a quantum leap from agrarian Marxism to industrial mercantilism, and thrived--largely because the U.S. was so open to being the "designated driver" of its export-centered growth strategy during this period. Ian Fletcher: Free Trade Isn't Helping World Poverty