[ US /ˌæfɹəˈkɑnɝ/ ]
- a white native of Cape Province who is a descendant of Dutch settlers and who speaks Afrikaans
belonging or relating to white people of South Africa whose ancestors were Dutch or to their language
an Afrikaans couple
How To Use Afrikaner In A Sentence
- This body was set up in November last year to resist what it called the infringement of basic Afrikaner rights in contravention of the constitution. ANC Daily News Briefing
- Does that mean then that verligte Afrikaners - such as Frederick van Zyl Slabbert, Beyers Naude and Carl Niehaus - were responsible for fostering anti-Afrikaner hatred in the 1980s, and not the elected leadership of the day? It's Almost Supernatural
- It was the SRC's attempts to eliminate the Afrikaans character of the university and its championing the ANC which gave the university a "jingo" image among right-thinking Afrikaners, he said. ANC Daily News Briefing
- During the first two decades of the nineteenth century control of the Cape Colony passed to and fro between Afrikaners and British authorities but rested with the latter.
- Full of local celebs, politicos, business types and tourists there's live African music thrown in that included a tap dancer on our night, and the delicious food includes everything from Moroccan tajines to saucy Afrikaner ox tail stews.
- The foundation, formed last year to resist what it called the infringement of basic Afrikaner rights, said it was concerned about reports that the commission intended hearing evidence on the incident. ANC Daily News Briefing
- The fortification was a modern version of the Boers 'defensive circle of wagons, a celebrated aspect of Afrikaner culture. ANC Daily News Briefing
- Is dit nie meer kreatief om hulself te defi - nieer en uit te leef as 'n onmisbare bron van kundighed waardeur groei en ontwikkeling bereik kan word in dens van' n beter lewe vir alle Suid-Afrikaners? MANDELA TOESPRAAK IN DIE POTCHEFSTROOM UNIVERSITEIT
- The term Afrikaner was not limited to colour but was an inclusive term, Renier Schoeman, executive director of the National ANC Daily News Briefing
- The ANC will be shocked to discover that the Afrikaner nation, with its history as the civiliser of southern Africa ... will not allow this," the CP said. ANC Daily News Briefing